If you wish to receive food from the Lakefield Community Food Bank, please read the following information about our current procedures.
We continue to monitor developments related to COVID-19 as well as local public health protocols and recommendations.
Please know that we are doing our part to ensure the community remains safe and healthy, while continuing to provide essential services to those in need. Visit us on Facebook.
Instructions To Recipients
At the Lakefield Community Food Bank, we have been pleased to offer service to you continuously since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, even though our service has moved outside. We make it easy for you to receive food by bringing it out to the sidewalk on a cart.
To help keep us all safe, please remember to: Wear a mask while outside at the Food Bank, Keep a distance of 2 meters from others. Wash or sanitize hands often.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Recipients registering for the first time must bring ID for themselves and everyone in their household. We serve residents who live in Selwyn Township, Douro-Dummer Township, and Curve Lake First Nation (We do not serve residents of Peterborough).
- Please arrive at St. John the Baptist Anglican Church between 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday mornings. There is no need to arrive earlier, as the food is pre-bagged, so everyone receives equivalent items. We serve recipients from 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Vehicles: If you arrive by car, please try to park on the church side of Regent St., facing south towards Reid St.
- Foot traffic: If you arrive on foot, please wait on the sidewalk in front of the church.
- Please approach the volunteer with the Clipboard Registration List to tell her/him that you are here to receive food. The volunteer will tell you what number you are, and where to park, or wait.
- Once service has begun and food is being given out, drivers need to be in their vehicles and ready to move forward as the vehicle ahead moves forward.
- The vehicle in front of the church hall walkway will receive food. A volunteer will wheel a cart with bags/boxes of food to the sidewalk. You will get out of your vehicle and load the bags/boxes of food into your vehicle. The volunteer will step back two meters while you are loading the food into your vehicle. As soon as you have loaded all the food into your vehicle, please move your vehicle forward, so the next person can receive food.
- If you are on foot, the volunteer will wheel the cart of food out to the sidewalk, and step back 2 meters while you are loading it onto your wagon, buggy or backpack.
Our goal is to provide you with nutritious food to help you stay healthy. Let’s all stay safe and healthy!