The first Anglican church (then called Church of England) in Lakefield was Christ Church, a lovely small stone church which was opened on Christmas Day in 1854. It wasn't long before the congregation outgrew Christ Church. In 1864, the decision was made to build a new church building rather than enlarge Christ Church.
Rev. Canon Gloria Master is our Interim Priest in Charge and Rev. Bentley Steers is our Associate Priest during this transition period while we wait for the selection of a new Incumbent.
|People's Warden:||Ann Jakins|
|Incumbent's Warden:|| Sandra Peacock
|Incumbent's Deputy Warden:|| Harold Hoar