The Fenian raids were conducted by some members of an Irish sect who had immigrated to the United States.
Come vistit Christ Church Community Museum this summer. The museum is open afternoons (1:00 - 4:00 pm) 7 days a week form July 1st to Sept. 2nd.
Each summer visitors to Christ Church Community Museum are able to see different displays.
The historic stone church is the perfect place to have a small wedding.
The Christ Church Burials Records covering a span of thirty years from 1855 to 1886, give us an interesting picture of life –and death-in the small village of Lakefield in the 19th century.
The first burial took place in 1855 and the churchyard was used as a community burial ground until 1886.