FOOD BANK REMAINS OPEN!
COVID-19 is changing the way we lead our daily lives. The Lakefield Community Food Bank also has had to make changes. We continue to provide food for our recipients who are struggling at this time. We have, however, needed to change how we operate in order to provide this service. This decision was made to protect our clients & volunteers, and to prevent the transmission of the virus throughout our community.
We remain open on Tuesday mornings 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. Food items will be pre-packaged (according to recipients’ family sizes), and distributed OUTSIDE.
RECIPIENTS are asked to please do the following:
• Remain outside the building
• Sign in with a volunteer who will be standing outside by 7:30 a.m.
• Come to the door, one at a time, when called, to receive food.
• Those registering for the first time must bring ID for themselves and everyone in their household.
• Maintain the recommended social distancing of 2 metres.
People wishing to collect food need to register. Photo ID and home address are required.